Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Art of Being Me

When I was a pup, I moved from the country to the big city and life really changed for me. Not only did I get to live inside (there is a Dog!), but I also found myself with a lot of time on my paws. Plus, the neighborhood dogs were a bit intimidating when we met up at the park. They spent most of the time barking things like "When I graduated from agility school" or "I can't this weekend, I have a therapy dog shift."

Braggarts.

Sure, I could do those ordinary jobs, but I've discovered I'm more of a free spirit when it comes to my education. Thankfully, my people support my eclectic interests and my home is filled with a variety of books. When my people leave during the day, I become my own home school teacher. I always get the top marks in my class. In fact, marking is one of my best subjects.


Another of my favorite subjects is Art. My summer project was to take my people to art fairs and search for just the right painting to hang in our home. I really connected with one artist who shares my vision for the world. Here is the family portrait she painted of us. I think it is a very accurate depiction of my life. The finished product is now on exhibit daily and has received much critical acclaim.

It's a real piece of work, just like me.


1 comment:

joey said...

An artist / a writer / a world traveler....what other talents does Sir Cletus possess to help bring a smile to our faces. Keep up the writing :)