Monday, March 23, 2009

Sunday Walk in the Woods

I love comfy-shoe days! These are days when Ryann does not put on pointy-shoes and stays home with me and Stacy. Usually, comfy-shoe days also mean that Stacy does not have to stare at the electric box all day! Yes!

We almost always get to do something special on comfy-shoe days. Yesterday was a comfy-shoe day and all three of us went for a hike! I love hikes - I get to smell and see all sorts of new things! There are, however, a few tips that I would like to pass on in to my canine friends.

1. Always hike with a buddy-preferably a non-grumpy type like Stacy!


2. Always look both ways before crossing the road.


3. Sometimes you need to point out cool stuff to your humans. Their noses are inferior to our own advanced olfactory sensory systems.


4. Be courteous and share the road with less fortunate beings that have no legs and rely on feeble wheels. Don't feel bad for them, however, as those guys can really move.


5. Have fun! It is important to take time to connect with your human and with nature!

2 comments:

Mason Dixie said...

What a great place for a walk, looks like the metro parks that mom takes me to. Thanks for sharing.

Rose said...

Hi Clete,
Writing from Green Lake, Wisconsin. Wish you were here. I almost bagged a bird for you yesterday when a pheasant landed in front of my car and decided to stroll across the road. Well, hope you are having a great Saturday. Enjoy the weekend with your humans. Your friend, Rose