Monday, June 22, 2009

Snacks, Drugs, and Rock & Roll

I had the best weekend, ever! We made the most of the longest day of the year. I finally got my visit to Bentley's Corner Barkery and the nice people there even gave me some delicious frozen yogurt. I love summer!!

There has been a new development in my life, however. Over the last few weeks, something strange has been happening to me. I'm living my usual happy-go-lucky life, when all of the sudden I get the shakes and then I black out! After I wake up, my people look worried (although they try to hide it) and it takes awhile before I'm feeling up for my next round of fetch. 15-20 minutes at least, I'd say. An eternity!

I figured it was bad doggie dreams or something until the morning Stacy and Ryann forgot to feed me. I couldn't believe it! I begged. I pleaded. Nothing. I've never seen them this strict!

I thought things were looking up when they asked me if I wanted to go for a car ride. You can imagine my disappointment when we got out of the car at the White Coat Hotel. Last time I checked in here, I got new knees. This did not look good.

We went inside and soon we had a room to ourselves while we waited for the White Coats. When they arrived, they gave me lots of attention and ran me through a bunch of tests. It's hard to tell if I passed or not, but at least I didn't have to spend the night at the White Coat Hotel. That is not my type of vacation, if you know what I mean.

So, I get a little extra something at dinnertime now. I have no idea what it is, but it tastes like chicken. On my meager diet, I'll take what I can get.


This new food hasn't slowed me down any. Just last night I decided to strut my musical talent while Stacy was practicing his drums. We're not too bad, although a few more lessons wouldn't hurt Stacy any. We're quite the musical family! (I still think I should get to be in parade, too. Hmph. Maybe next year.)

No comments: