Sunday, June 14, 2009

Timing Is Everything

Even though it may seem like I lead a pretty busy life, in reality my schedule stays pretty open. The sun comes up, I go for a walk, eat breakfast, and then take a nap. Later in the afternoon, I go for a walk, eat dinner, and then sleep some more. Needless to say, I could use some excitement and right now my humans are holding me back.

First, they thought I wouldn't notice that I was invited, via email, to be in a local 4th of July parade with Critter Nannies! So rude for them to not tell me since the Critter Nannies people are my friends. They never come visit Stacy and Ryann - they come visit me! We walk, we talk. It's nice.

But, did they bother to even tell me about my own invitation be in a parade? Noooo. So, what choice did I have but to read through the rest of their email and it seems like they are already in another parade! Urgh. That would explain the reappearance of the shiny instruments. Terrific. 5 more of my 15 minutes of fame down the drain.

Then, was it too much to ask for some fun on a beautiful Sunday afternoon? All day long they kept saying we would do something fun after we got our work done. I don't know about them, but my work was done before noon. I slobbered my people with love, I chewed up some toys, the usual stuff.

So, hours and hours later, we finally got in the car to go to one of my favorite places: Bentley's Corner Barkery! I spent the entire car ride deciding which treat I would choose from the display case and then, when we finally arrived, disaster struck.

They were closed.



Thanks a lot, people! You just couldn't wait to clean the kitchen until tonight, could you? Come, on!

I seriously need to learn how to tell time.

2 comments:

Mason Dixie said...

Ugh how dare they be closed, don't they know that they could cause a riot in the park? gees.

Sierra Rose said...

Hi Clete!
Mom just read your latest entry to me. Are you ok? Ar the meds helping?


Come for a visit!!
Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses!
Sierra Rose