Sunday, November 16, 2008

Who Is That Doggie in the Window

Being an only dog is a lonely life. I love my people - but my toys cost money, I know that. I also know it takes a lot of food to fuel my fetching fanaticism, so I understand that my people need to go to work to keep me supplied.
So, I look on the bright side. Having them gone gives me time to reflect on the past and ponder my purpose in life. When that's done, however, I could really use a friend to help me pass the rest of the time.

Don't get me wrong, Pinny is great! I've found, lately, that our conversations are mostly one-sided. I'd like to find someone a little more talkative. It's not like I haven't tried, either. Whenever anyone walks by, I invite them in. I don't think they hear me, so I invite louder and louder. I guess our windows must be really thick because no one ever accepts my invitations.

Then, one day, out of nowhere appeared my future BFF! He showed up right outside the window. I'm confident enough in my remaining masculinity to say that he is one handsome chap. But, I am concerned that he doesn't get enough to eat. I can practically see right through him!


He seems to be somewhat of a loner, too. Whenever I leap forward to initiate play, he usually disappears! Almost right before my very eyes!

I asked him to teach me the trick, but I guess he's shy because he doesn't talk much. In fact, he is kind of a tease...the way he keeps looking at me through the window like he wants to be my friend - but then disappears again without a word!

The nerve. Oh, well. I still think he's a good looking dog, anyway.

8 comments:

The Musketeers said...

Hello ! We just came to make some more new friends !!! Hope to be your pal ! :D
Mind if we link you up ?

xoxo ,
Four Musketeers

Lizzy said...

Clete!

I just found your blog through DWB, and thought I'd drop by to say hi! It's GRRRReat to meet ya!

I agree, being an only dog can be a lonely life... But, I'm happy to be an only dog 'cause I get really jealous when my humans give attention to other dogs, hee hee.

I hope you have a grrrrEAT weekend comin' up!

Sparky

Raising Addie said...

Hi Clete!

I would love to play with you! You look like a lot of fun!

Kisses
Addie

Raising Addie said...

P.S. I forgot to tell you that I have my own live cam too! Let me know when you are on, I would love to see you!

Kisses
Addie

Amber-Mae said...

Hi there Sir Cletus Maximus! Wow, what a name! Welcome to DWB!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Raising Addie said...

I'd be honored if you added me to your blog list! I will add you to mine too.

I just knew we had something in common! There was snow in South Dakota when I was a tiny puppy. I don't think I will be seeing any snow any time soon in Texas.

Kisses
Addie

Joe said...

Nice to meet ya big boy...I have three at home and we never get bored...but could use some peace and quiet!

The Musketeers said...

Hey ! We have linked you up too Clete ! Love your blog (:

xoxo ,
Four Musketeers