Saturday, June 14, 2008

Family Pack

A dog is only as good as his pack. Check out this family pack picture taken by a new friend at the farmer's market.

Stacy is on the left and he is awesome! He always plays with me and feeds me fun treats. We spend a lot of time together, even if most of it is spent in the small room where he talks a lot and plays with the noisy boxes. He is very good on walks and always follows me as I lead the way. What I like the best about him is that he never feels constrained by the "rules" that another member of our pack feels necessary to remind us of all the time. "Don't eat garbage." "Don't run through the house." "Don't do that in public."

Speaking of The Enforcer, Ryann is the other member of my pack. For all her rules, she always makes sure I have treats and toys in the morning when she leaves the house on Pointy Shoes Days. I know that when she wears the Pointy Shoes she won't be back for awhile. When she comes home, I always make sure to act excited to see her because I can't imagine why anyone would want to spend so much time in a place that requires Pointy Shoes.

My people love to buy me presents, which I encourage. Today, we bought a hammock that is supposed to help me stay cool during the summer. My people sure try hard, but sometimes I have to help them with their projects.

Everything usually turns out in the end, probably because we have such a great pack leader -- ME!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Clete, nobody likes to wear Pointy Shoes all day. The Enforcer is a brave woman.
By the way, I read a book you might want to have The Enforcer check out. I'm not sure if you're into historical fiction, but it's called Fire, Bed and Bone by Henrietta Branford. A yellow mama hunting dog narrates her adventures during the Peasants Revolt of 1381. I just read it myself and found parts of it a little "ruff" on my spirit (your ancestors would be awed by your life with the kindly Uden pack - popcorn, hammocks and hunting for shoes instead of game), but I did enjoy the dog's-eye view of the world. It might be just the thing to read by the side of your new pool (er, water dish).

CleteDog said...

Thanks, Mrs. Cullen - although I wonder what the Mr. would think about you being friendly with a D.O.G. near a full moon?

Anyway, I'll see your book recommendation and raise you one - The Art of Racing in the Rain. It's also from the perspective of a dog - but Ryann couldn't read past the first chapter as the dog was ready to go to the big dog run in the sky and was trying to let his master know.

Good thing I'm a tough guy and I read it while she was at work.

-Cletus