Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Match Game

I received some bad news today, folks. I was out with Stacy for my usual patrol of the neighborhood when we met up with another dog and her owner. We've meet them before, but this time we engaged in some very interesting conversations. I understand more than mere humans think. (Why else do I have these big ears?)

Anyway, this dog wanted to have my puppies! For a brief moment, my future looked bright. The very thought of getting to know this girl, settling down, and raising a family made me jump for joy! Imagine teaching little Clete Jrs. and Cletinas how to take care of their humans, roam the neighborhood, and sniff out fire hydrants!

But then, just as I was about to accept the lady's offer, I heard Stacy tell them the most embarrassing news. I can't have puppies! When did this happen? Now that I think about it, it is kind of strange that I don't remember much from when I went to the vet for my tutoring.

Well, that distressing news aside, it seems that Ryann wouldn't have supported my matrimonial dreams with the future Mrs. She said I was too young and that the "cougar" was a little gray around the muzzle.

By the way, did you know that if I had married this yellow lab our puppies could be yellow, black, or chocolate? It's like Neapolitan Labradors!

Speaking of puppies - here is a puppy picture of me!

No comments: