Monday, August 4, 2008

Breakfast of a Champion

Whew, it's good to be home. I spent the weekend at a doggie resort and spa. My adventure there was packed full of deep muscle massages, gourmet food, and private fetching sessions.

Or, at least that's what my people tell themselves when they drop me off at Alcatraz.

I think Ryann must have felt bad about leaving me behind because the morning they left, she arranged a very special breakfast surprise for me. We had just taken a long patrol (I should have seen the writing on the hydrant), when what before my wondering eyes should appear - but a yard full of bagels! In assorted flavors!

Ryann acted like she hadn't planned it and tried to convince me that I wouldn't like them. Too many carbs, she said. I could smell right through her act and showed her how much I loved her special surprise for me by stuffing two bagels into my mouth at once. It was awesome.

This week bagels, next week waffles. Wish me luck.

No comments: