Wednesday, August 13, 2008

READ On

Reading is very important, boys and girls. Not that I need to, of course, since Ryann reads to me all the time. Sometimes we read the paper together in the mornings. Well, she reads it and then I lay down on the sections she's finished with.

She even brings me dog books from the library! I like to take them off to read by myself since they smell so good (like me, heh heh). I only read them for the articles, of course.

I'm told due to "this economy" our paper is now delivered to the end of our driveway instead of to our door. Everytime we come home from our morning patrol my people both strongly hint that I should retrieve the paper for them.

I don't think so. They could use the exercise.

Plus, I think I earn my keep around here. I'm always putting up with all the hugs and tummy rubs. It's hard work, I tell you. But, somebody's got to do it.

http://www.ala.org/ala/productsandpublications/READ_Mini_Posters.cfm

1 comment:

Beth said...

Clete, I imagine you're feeling a little glum with Ryann away on a adventure. But maybe this will cheer you up - I just read that the Crystal Lake Park District is having their 3rd annual "Hound Town Halloween Bash" on October 26 from 2-4 PM. What could be better - you dogs come in costumes, and your people bring treats to share with the whole pack! Wow - and no need to be a Hound Town member. Come one, come all!

I wish I had a dog to take to the Hound Town Halloween Bash. Sigh.

Hope you're having a fun "Boys Weekend" with Stacy.

-Beth