Friday, August 29, 2008

A Dog Friendly World

I've said it before and I'll say it again - it's hard being me. There are some places in this great big world where adorable dogs just like me are not welcome. I know, I know, it's hard to believe. Here is but one example of this close-minded philosophy.

Or, even worse, dogs are discriminated against! Why do horses get such special privileges? They need someone to RIDE them. I can walk on my own, thank you very much.


Even in the face of such unwelcoming signs - I still have hope. There are a few places where dogs are not only allowed - they are welcome. Here's a play area in Nebraska that not only is just for dogs, it comes complete with a fire hydrant!




I thought this would be the best dog play area I would ever see, until Grandma took me on a special trip to a place I like to call DoggyWorld. It is the most amazing place ever. First of all, I like the fact that this place really knows who is boss.

For your information, "You" refers to humans not canines. Genius.

DoggyWorld was not very busy the day we went. There were a few other dogs there and I was involved in a brief Frisbee competition. It was brief because once I started the other dog gave up (even though it was her person throwing her Frisbee)! In case you missed the recap on PetCenter - here's a video clip. Look closely to watch me leave the others in the dust (literally!).


After all this fun, I was sure glad there was a dog water fountain installed at DoggyWorld. I hoping Stacy will build one for me someday since our house is the most dog friendly place I know (next to DoggyWorld, of course).

No comments: